About HRMS- Summary
HRMS was established in 1983, providing recruitment, employment, job training and educational services across multiple industries on a national basis.
In 2008, HRMS received ARRA stimulus funding to provide Health IT workforce solutions, as part of the national effort to accelerate Electronic Health Records adoption. Below are examples of Health IT projects HRMS has been responsible for:
- Producers of Health IT conferences under the brand name, HealthTECH Workforce Forums.
- Secured funding to manage the HITECH “HIT” community college training program for Orange Coast Community College.
- Produced and marketed Health IT workforce webinars.
- Active member of the HIMSS National Career Taskforce.
- Speaking engagements at Health IT professional association conferences.
- Articles in leading Health IT http://www.hrms.net/in-the-news/publications.
- Management consulting services to enhance Metropolitan Council of Governments annual healthcare workforce conferences.
- Instructional designer and curriculum development for a series of self-guided and classroom Health IT job search training courses entitled, “Overcoming Work Experience Barriers to Health IT Employment.”
- Publisher of the advertiser supported Health IT Workforce Alerts newsletter.
Prior to 2008, HRMS was engaged in many workforce public/private partnerships securing and managing over $5 million in federal, state and local funding from the Department of Labor and Department of Health and Human Services. Examples of these engagements include:
- Under the brand, VideoSearch, HRMS produced Meet Your Next Employer, the country’s first regularly scheduled healthcare recruitment TV program. For this pioneering work in recruitment advertising, HRMS received the National SHRM Pericles Award for, “outstanding contribution to the human resource field.”
- Job training services for hard-to-serve populations, including multiple funding awards to design and operate one of the first Welfare-to-Work programs for the County of Los Angeles.
- When the Internet first appeared, HRMS developed a self-guided and classroom job search training course under the brand Dot.com Job Search.
- Provided retained, executive search services for major universities such as UCLA.
- Funded by the City and County of Los Angeles, HRMS produced and secured funds to operate customized, employer-based job training programs under the brand names Spotlight on Jobs and Hollywood Digital Careers—two entertainment industry workforce development retraining programs.
- In partnership with Monster Worldwide, created and implemented a website and companion marketing campaign for the California Economic and Workforce Development Association.
- In partnership with world-class universities, such as University of California 10-campus system, designed and produced one and two day Experience Alumni Career Conferences under the name, SeasonedPro.