Keynote Speakers, May 19th
University of Connecticut, Stamford Campus, 8am to 2:00 pm*
Solving the HealthTECH Workforce Puzzle
Two recent, monumental healthcare laws, the HITECH Act and the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, will have a major impact on our nation’s workforce. Business, education, community based agencies, and government healthcare stakeholders from all over the region put together the pieces of the HealthTECH Workforce puzzle.
Until now, there has not been an event to bring together the community healthcare stakeholders to network, collaborate and share our collective workforce development knowledge and wisdom.
A separate HealthTECH Career Advancement Event was held from 2:00 pm to 4:30 pm in the afternoon for those individuals actively seeking employment or educational and training opportunities.
• Healthcare providers
• Members of the workforce investment system
• Universities, colleges and training organizations
• Public health and community-based agencies
• Medical device and life sciences manufacturers
• IT vendors and consulting firms
• City, county, state and federal public officials
• Professional associations, medical societies, foundations and industry advocates